2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Delve into the tumultuous history of Dubrovnik on a walking tour focused on the city’s role in the Croatian Homeland War. While most walking tours only briefly touch on the war, this tour provides a deeper look at the war’s impacts on Old Town and the people of Dubrovnik. This tour is ideal for history buffs who want to learn the behind-the-scenes details that are missed by most tourists.
- Learn about the Croatian Homeland War on a guided tour
- A guide provides details and insights you would likely miss on your own
- Relive moments in history through photos provided by your guide
- Take time to reflect in the Memorial Room of the Defenders of Dubrovnik
Saved to wishlist!
guidance by a experienced certified local guide
Memorial Room of Dubrovnik Defenders
Departure & Return
Orlando's Column , 20000, Dubrovnik, CroatiaThis activity will end right where it started.
Luža Square, in front of Orlando's Column
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Free Spirit Walking Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
War in Dubrovnik: Life under siege
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursCity ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingDubrovnikFood Tours - DalmatiaCity Tours - DalmatiaWalking Tours - DalmatiaMarkets - DalmatiaHistorical Tours - DalmatiaFood Tours - KotorCity Tours - KotorWalking Tours - KotorMarkets - KotorHistorical Tours - KotorFood Tours - PodgoricaCity Tours - PodgoricaWalking Tours - PodgoricaMarkets - PodgoricaHistorical Tours - PodgoricaCategory
Love Stories MuseumDubrovnik Cathedral TreasuryOrlando's Column (Orlandov Stup)Dominican MonasterySt. John’s Fortress (Fort St. Ivana)Franciscan Church and MonasteryStradun (Placa)Elafiti Islands (Elaphites) Ethnographic Museum (Rupe Museum)Konavle ValleySt. Lawrence Fortress (Fort Lovrijenac)Mljet IslandPeljesac PeninsulaDubrovnik Cruise PortRevelin FortressElaphite IslandsLokrum Benedictine MonasteryFort BokarOnofrio's FountainHouse of Marin Drzic (Dom Marina Drzica)