- Dubrovnik shore excursion by cable car
- Enjoy stunning views over Dubrovnik from the cable car ride up Mount Srd
- Walking tour through Dubrovnik’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Take an hour or so to drink in the view and then head back down to the Old Town to begin the second phase of the tour. With your local guide by your side, you'll hit all the best sights in the city, starting with Onofrio’s Fountain, a large circular structure with faucets that was the terminus for the 7.5-mile (12-km) aqueduct that flowed drinking water into Dubrovnik. Then walk over to the nearby Franciscan Monastery that houses a recently restored Pieta sculpture and one of the oldest still-functioning pharmacies in Europe.
After learning about the history of the monastery, slowly make your way down the Stradun, a wide — by Old Town standards — limestone-clad pedestrian street. As you pass the narrower intersecting lanes look up at how high each street climbs before being met by the 12th-century walls.
When you reach Sponza Palace, on the other end of the Stradun, stop and listen to your guide regale you with historical facts and anecdotes about the pretty Renaissance-era palace, which houses today the vast state archives.
Other sites you’ll see include the Rector’s Palace, Orlando’s Column, the city cathedral and the Church of St Blaise, a sanctuary dedicated to Dubrovnik’s beloved patron saint.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to Dubrovnik port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WALKING INFO
- Tour includes moderate walking activities.
- In Dubrovnik guests will have to walk approximately 500 meters over cobblestone and flat terrain, and take up to 50 steps.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY EuroAdria Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Dubrovnik Shore Excursion: Explore Dubrovnik by Cable Car.
- "This is a easy walking tour of old town and a cable car ride to the top of the mountain overlooking old town Dubrovnik and you can see a long ways into other countries." See review