Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Medjugorje from Dubrovnik
- Explore one of Europe's most important pilgrimage sites
- Learn interesting facts of the area on a guided walking tour
- Go to the Apparition Hill and see where the Virgin Mary appeared in 1981
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Enjoy the views of the Croatian countryside before crossing the border into Bosnia and Herzegovina during the 3-hour drive. After arriving via a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle, take a walking tour with your guide, who will regale you with interesting historical anecdotes, particularly about that one legendary day in June 1981. The town has become such a place of pilgrimage that over one million people come per year.
Wander the area with your guide, going to Apparition Hill, where the Virgin was said to have materialized to the six children. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. The hill is somewhat steep. After, you may opt to attend a service in the Church of St James or you can relax in the placid Garden of Contemplation.
Enjoy free time and explore the town of Medjugorje, indulge in some local food or a coffee at a restaurant and then hop back on the couch for the journey back to Dubrovnik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY Elite Travel LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Remind them to wear trainers/sneakers if they want to climb Apparition Hill in Medjugorje." See review