8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Follow along the ancient Silk Road, and discover some of the remote Gansu Province’s most evocative and historical landmarks, on this private, full-day tour. Meet your guide directly at your Dunhuang accommodation, hop in a private vehicle, and set off through the wild scenery of the Gobi Desert. Your first stop is the Yulin Caves: a series of millennia-old, rock-carved grottoes that feature a wealth of Buddhist art. After lunch, continue to the ruins of Suoyangcheng, a once-powerful Silk Road city.
- Visit the Yulin Caves and ruins of Suoyangcheng, all in a single day
- A private tour makes for a comfortable and relaxed way to explore
- This tour offers a seamless way to see the Gobi Desert and Gansu Province
- Visit a traditional restaurant and enjoy an authentic local lunch
Saved to wishlist!
Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
Professional art historian guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Silk Road Angel Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Best of Dunhuang Day Tour to Yulin Grottoes and Suoyangcheng Ruins?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Best of Dunhuang Day Tour to Yulin Grottoes and Suoyangcheng Ruins?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Best of Dunhuang Day Tour to Yulin Grottoes and Suoyangcheng Ruins?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Best of Dunhuang Day Tour to Yulin Grottoes and Suoyangcheng Ruins?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Best of Dunhuang Day Tour to Yulin Grottoes and Suoyangcheng Ruins
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDunhuangBus Tours - Western ChinaHistorical Tours - Western ChinaFull-day Tours - Western ChinaBus Tours - YinchuanHistorical Tours - YinchuanFull-day Tours - YinchuanBus Tours - ZhangyeHistorical Tours - ZhangyeFull-day Tours - ZhangyeCategory