- Small-group Everglades eco-adventure by foot, kayak and boat
- Take a boat ride through remote areas of the park and admire the diverse vegetation
- Enjoy a kayak adventure to Barrier Island Beach -- no experience required!
- Hike along the beach and see shallow tidal zones, dunes, mangrove swamps and more
- Tour led by an experience naturalist certified by the US Coast Guard
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Every tour is different, but expect to encounter the Everglade's wildlife at some point. Look for manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, bald eagles, ospreys, herons, egrets and roseate spoonbills, to name some of them.
Begin the tour with a boat ride — it’s what’s known as a kayak transport boat with all the trimmings (full safety equipment, satellite communications, GPS tracking system, large sunshade, even a cooler for drinks) — through one of the most remote areas of Everglades National Park. At the destination, this is where it turns into a hands-on eco experience. It’s time to hop in a kayak. Don’t worry about knowing how to get going. It’s easy and fun. A few simple instructions will get the one- or two-person kayak moving in the right direction. Paddle along close to the flora and fauna, en route to Barrier Island Beach, an island seldom visited by others.
At the beach, the interpretive experience turns into a walking tour. Check out the wrack lines, shallow tidal zones, dunes, uniquely adapted plants, shells, mangrove swamps, plus the many different invertebrate species.
After the beach hike, it’s back in the kayaks to paddle back to the boat for the ride home.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will need to access the boat by decending a couple steps of a ladder.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Everglades Area Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Small Group Boating & Kayaking Guided Eco Tour in Everglades National Park.