- Day trip to the East Algarve including the towns of Faro, Olhão. Tavira, and Cacela Velha
- Enjoy free time in the fishing town of Olhão, known for its distinctive cube-shaped houses
- Pay a visit to Tavira Castle and pose for photos against its ramparts and ruins
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service that covers the Algarve region
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up details will be sent to you by email within 24 hours after receiving the booking. Kindly make sure you have inserted the hotel name or accommodation address on your booking.
If your hotel is not available for pick up we will provide a near meeting point.The pick up time will depend on guest's hotel location in Algarve, normally between 07am to 09am.
Average pick up time:
- 08h20 to 09h00: Pick up time in Albufeira;
- 07h45 to 08h00: Pick up time in Quarteira to Vilamoura;
- 07h00 to 07h15 : Pick up time in Praia da Luz to Lagos and Meia Praia;
- 07h40 to 08h00: Pick up time n Alvor, Praia Vau, Praia da Rocha and Portimão;
- 08h10 to 08h20: Pick up time in Ferragudo and Carvoeiro;
- 08h40: Pick up time in Porches and Armação de Pera
What To Expect
Hop out of the car and stroll through its charming Old Town. Wind along beautiful cobblestone roads until you reach Arc da Vila. Hear how this medieval monument was erected as the gateway to Old Town subsequent to the disastrous Lisbon earthquake of 1755. Then, leisurely explore this town on your own and peak into shops for treats and souvenirs.
Your east Algarve day trip then moves to the neighboring town of Olhão known for the largest fishing port in the Algarve. Venture through and see Olhão’s Moorish-style houses and learn about its commercial links with Africa. After a brief walk with your guide grab a bite to eat for lunch (own expense). Feel free to request restaurant recommendations, your guide is happy to help.
Continue to your next stop, the ancient town of Tavira. Relish the town’s impressive Renaissance churches and Roman bridges that border the River Gilão leading to its nickname the “Venice of the Algarve.” Then, stroll to Tavira Castle and see this partially ruined fortress thought to have been built during the days of the Neoliths. Enter this alluring monument (own expense) full of ramparts and ruins and capture wonderful views over the surrounding park and town.
Your last stop is Cecala Velha. Explore this enchanting village and absorb panoramãc views of the Gilão River and Ria Formosa Natural Park.
Finally, head back to your Algarve hotel where your trip ends in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTS Globe
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Best of the East: Faro, Olhão, Tavira and Cacela Velha.