- 1.5-hour guided Segway tour of Ria Formosa Natural Park near Faro
- Glide past unspoiled coastal terrain that is known for its abundant flora and fauna
- Discover more about the unique coastal landscapes, which include lagoons, marshes and tidal flats
- Use binoculars to try and spot birds, such as flamingos and purple swamphens
- Learn more about the various bird species from an expert guide
- Upgrade to include pickup and drop-off from your Algarve hotel
Departure & Return
The meeting point has a gate with Red letters saying: "LUDO" It's a hiking trail right in front of the emergency exit of Faro airport! There's free parking right outside.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
First, listen to a safety briefing that explains how to operate your electric self-balancing Segway. Then, strap on your helmet and cruise to Ria Formosa Natural Park, while savoring scenic coastal views along the way. See the Park’s marshes, freshwater lagoons, and tidal flats that comprise this important tranquil habitat. Learn about the hundreds of species that live here during spring and autumn migration periods.
Traverse nature and wildlife surroundings along smooth trails and paths. Then, zip over to Ludo for the park’s best birdwatching. Gaze into your binoculars and scan lush ecosystems for vibrant rosy-pink flamingos and purple swamphen preening their plumage. Listen as your guide explains how the park’s system of barrier islands communicates with the sea and makes a perfect home to its feathered inhabitants.
Continue birdwatching in the Algarve while searching for more unusual species and rare specimens until your 1.5 hours comes to a close. Then, drop off your Segway and return to your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Algarve by Segway
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I would highly recommend this as a great way to spend an hour and a half." See review