- 8-hour tour from Fez with a private driver
- Guided tour of UNESCO-listed Volubilis
- Independent time to explore Moulay Idriss and Meknes
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Fez
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
The next stop is Moulay Idriss, a holy city that was closed to non-Muslim visitors until 2005, where you’ll find a historic mosque and the only round minaret in Morocco set against a scenic, mountain landscape.
Continue to the Imperial City of Meknes, whose medina and fortified kasbah are part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the monumental gates that pass through the city walls, then take in the city’s main landmarks, from the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail to El Hedim Square, a sprawling plaza at the center of the medina. If desired, you’ll have time to visit the Dar Jamai Museum, a historic palace that now houses a remarkable collection of traditional Moroccan arts, including saddles, needlework, and elaborate carpets.
Following your time in Meknes, begin the return trip to Fez; the driver can make a final stop at one of Fez’s scenic overlooks on the way to your hotel, where this tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Fes Desert Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms