- Private half-day winery and wine tasting tour from Fez
- Visit the scenic Meknes region, one of Morocco’s oldest wine producing areas
- Admire the vineyards set between the Rif and Atlas Mountains
- Tour the wine cellars to learn how the wines are made
- Sample several wines and choose to purchase your favorites (own expense)
- Traditional lunch included, with drinks available (own expense)
- Private air-conditioned transport, private guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off in Fez included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
The area around Meknes boasts three major vineyards, all beautifully located between the foothills of the Rif Mountains and craggy Middle Atlas range, and subject to cooling breezes from the Atlantic Ocean.
Along with the Moroccan sun, mild temperatures, rich soils, and altitude, these excellent conditions have meant that wine has been cultivated here as from as early as Phoenician times and later by the ancient Romans, more than 2,000 years ago. The vineyards produce a variety of full-bodied, rich, and expressive reds and whites from grapes such as Syrah, Merlot, and Chardonnay.
As you approach Meknes, admire the expanses of vineyards and learn snippets about local wine production from your guide. Then, visit one or two of the leading boutique wineries in the region. You will visit the Celliers de Meknes winery and the Chateau Roslane to tour the cellars and sample the wines.
At each, meet your expert host and tour the cellars where the wines are stored and aged in oak barrels. Learn about each stage of production, from grape-picking to bottling, and then head to the tasting room to sample a number of the home-produced varieties. Swap notes on the flavors and aromas, and chat to the knowledgeable staff about their passion for wine making.
Choose to buy your favorite wines (own expense), and then cap your tour with a traditional lunch, with alcoholic drinks available to purchase (own expense). Your tour ends with a drop-off back at your Fez accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Argania Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Full-Day Boutique Winery and Wine Tasting Tour from Fez.