- Chianti wine tasting tour from Florence, led by a professional tour escort and a wine-expert guide
- Travel through Tuscany and ogle the countryside views
- Visit rural villages in the region including Greve in Chianti
- Enjoy tastings of regional wine and traditional food
- Explore the wine cellars where prestigious Tuscan wine is left to mature
Departure & Return
Piazzale Montelungo (Montelungo Square), in front of the yellow Street Sign of Caf Tour – Gray Line, at 01:00 pm An assistant will be waiting for you wearing blue clothing with CAF Tour - Gray Line logos
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop for the visit to a distinguished wine estate, where you tour the historic cellars. Learn the winemaker’s secrets as you see where the grapes are crushed, and where the wine is matured and bottled.
Then, get to tasting—enjoy a glass of Chianti Classico, Chianti Reserve, Tuscan dessert wine, or a prominent white wine. Learn the complex characteristics of each from your guide while you taste.
Afterward, head to the medieval village of Greve, where the most important wine fair of the Chianti region is held each year. Explore the main square and peruse the local artisan shops.
Continue to a family-run winery. Take a guided tour of the cellars from the winemaker before heading to the garden, where a tasting of wines and local products are waiting for you.
Then make your way to Castellina, a hilltop village characterized by its large fortress and Etruscan settlements. Stroll past the medieval street of Via delle Volte and explore the local shops and squares before making your way back to Florence with your guide.
Please note that the order of the visits may change.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- From November to March, the itinerary does not include the stop at Castellina and the return to Florence is approx 30 minutes earlier
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Small Group Tour - max 25 participants
- For small groups, up to 8 pax, the Tour escort service could be replaced with an English speaking driver-guide service, while maintaining unchanged the entire program of the excursion.
- Most travelers can participate
- No health restrictions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Chianti afternoon Wine Tour from Florence.