4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the life and scientific legacy of one of the most famous Florentines on a private tour revolving around Galileo. Visit the astronomer’s namesake museum to learn about his life and see historic telescopes, and pay tribute at a forum and statue dedicated to him at the Observatory Museum. After learning about Galileo’s controversial theories and discoveries, finish the journey in front of his tomb inside the Basilica of Santa Croce.
- Private, half-day Galileo tour of Florence
- Trace the footsteps and theories of the famous Italian astronomer and mathematician
- Visit the Galileo Museum, Observatory Museum, and Museum of Natural History
- See historic telescopes and other scientific instruments
- Learn about Galileo's life, achievements, and controversies
- Pay respects at Galileo's tomb in the Basilica of Santa Croce
- All entrance fees included
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance Ticket Museum Galileo
Entrance ticket Basilica Santa Croce
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
P.za della Signoria, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Galileo Galilei Private Science Tour of Florence?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 35344P22
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesFlorenceUnique Experiences - TuscanyWalking Tours - TuscanyHistorical Tours - TuscanyHalf-day Tours - TuscanyUnique Experiences - ChiantiWalking Tours - ChiantiHistorical Tours - ChiantiHalf-day Tours - ChiantiUnique Experiences - San GimignanoWalking Tours - San GimignanoHistorical Tours - San GimignanoHalf-day Tours - San GimignanoCategory
Gucci Garden (Gucci Museo)Michelangelo's Statue of David (Il Davide di Michelangelo)Basilica of Santa Maria Novella (Basilica di Santa Maria Novella)Palazzo StrozziPiazza di Santa Maria NovellaFlorence Via Cavour (Via Camillo Cavour) Villa GamberaiaSalvatore Ferragamo MuseumPiazza della Santissima Annunziata Opera del Duomo Museum (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)Stibbert MuseumLeonardo Da Vinci MuseumLeonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)OltrarnoPiazza della RepubblicaFountain of NeptuneVasari Corridor (Corridoio Vasariano)Prada OutletPiazza della SignoriaFlorence Baptistery (Battistero di San Giovanni)