- Day trip to Pisa and Lucca from Florence, led by your tour leader
- Enjoy a walking tour of Piazza dei Miracoli, Pisa’s famous central square
- Strike a pose for photos outside Pisa Baptistry and the UNESCO-listed Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Visit Pisa Duomo and gaze in awe at the cathedral’s impressive interior and sculptures
- Spend the afternoon in Lucca and see Piazza dell ‘Anfiteatro, Guinigi Tower and Lucca Cathedral
- Savor a sample of Lucca’s buccellato cake after a walking tour of the Tuscan city
Departure & Return
TOURS & NEWS KIOSK AT PIAZZALE MONTELUNGO BUS TERMINAL Located at 5-10 minutes walking distance from Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Look for our staff wearing a FUCHSIA CIAOFLORENCE JACKET and holding a CIAOFLORENCE CLIPBOARD!
What To Expect
Arrive at the central square of Piazza dei Miracoli, and hop out to explore by foot. Your guide will lead you on a walking tour past the Baptistery, where you can admire its mixture of Gothic and Romanesque architecture. Afterward, head to the city’s iconic attraction: the UNESCO-listed Leaning Tower of Pisa. Originally intended as a bell tower to accompany the Duomo, hear how the monument began its famous tilt in the 12th century.
Head inside the stunning Duomo cathedral to study the carved pulpit, a masterwork of medieval sculpture, as well as other features of the ornate interior. Then soak up some free time to explore on your own.
After reuniting with your guide, continue to the city of Lucca, one of the lesser-known jewels of Tuscany and home to an impressive collection of Etruscan ruins and Renaissance architecture.
Take off on a walking tour of the city, following your guide to see the Piazza dell ‘Anfiteatro, Lucca Cathedral and Guinigi Tower as you hear tales of their history. Treat your taste buds with a sample of buccellato, Lucca’s ring-shaped cake, before exploring independently for a bit.
Your day trip will conclude with drop-off back in central Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Kindly note that the Pisa and Lucca Semi independent option does not include the local guides in Pisa and in Lucca
- Please note that the Cathedral of Pisa is now free and, on extremely crowded days, it will not be possible to visit its interior due to a long queue. In such cases, we will offer a tour of Piazza Cavalieri instead
- From November to March (Low Season): The tour is always confirmed in English and Spanish. The minimum required to confirm the tour in Italian, French, Portuguese and German is 4 pax
- Most travelers can participate
- From April to October (High Season): The tour is always confirmed in English and Spanish. Italian, French, Portuguese and German are confirmed as follows: PORTUGUESE: Tuesday - min 2 pax FRENCH: Thursday - min 2 pax GERMAN/ITALIAN: Saturday - min 2 pax
- Covid-19 Mesures: A safe distance of one meter between clients will be maintained whenever possible. All our vehicles will be deep-cleaned and disinfected before and after each service. The use of masks is mandatory; clients must bring their own mask. Alcohol gel will be available on all our vehicles. Temperature will be checked for staff and visitors. Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use. Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough; it is not necessary to print anything.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ciaoflorence Tours & Travels Srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff