Explore our promoted experiences
- See the best of Perugia and the ancient city of Assisi on a private day trip from Florence
- Delve into the Tuscan countryside to medieval Passignano sul Trasimeno
- Explore the 8th-century city of Perugia, the famous center of Italian art where Raphael worked
- Round-trip transportation from your central Florence hotel included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Continue to the town of Perugia, considered a crucial epicenter for Italian art. Home to High Renaissance painter Pietro Perugino, Raphael also came to work in the hilltop town during the 16th century. Learn about the area’s 8th-century Etruscan roots, and check out the Cathedral of San Lorenzo, the Fontana Maggiore, and the Palazzo dei Priori while you walk.
Then head to Mt. Subasio to explore the lowlands where St. Francis of Assisi lived and worked. Make a stop at the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, which is said to have been a favorite place of St. Francis’ for worship.
Enjoy a break to purchase some lunch and then set off to explore Assisi on your own. Pass the 1st-century Roman Temple of Minerva, the Chiesa Nuova, and the Basilica of Santa Chiara, dedicated to St. Clare, one of Francis’ first loyal followers.
Conclude your tour with a stop at the Basilica of St. Francis. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is built from Mt. Subasio's white stone and holds stunning frescoes from Giotto and Cimabue inside.
Your tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY CAF Tour and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms