- Follow your expert guide and drive into the Tuscan hills
- Visit the Church of San Miniato al Monte, and enjoy the views over Florence
- Stop for photo opportunities and to change drivers if you wish
- Enjoy a meal in Tuscany before returning to Florence
Departure & Return
Meeting point is in front of Biblioteca Nazionale (National Library) in Piazza dei Cavalleggeri. Look for your guide holding a Walkabout sign.
What To Expect
Join up with your guide in central Florence and head to the garage where your retro car will be waiting for you. A safety overview will be provided as well as a test run with car’s manual gears to ensure you’re comfortable before hitting the road.
Then, you're off! Your guide will keep in constant radio contact ahead as you follow through the city streets and up into the hills of Tuscany. Stop to see the beautiful Romanesque design of the Church of San Miniato al Monte, noted by many as the country’s most beautiful church, and soak up the surrounding views of Florence below.
Hop back in your Fiat and journey deeper into Tuscany, pausing for photos and passing through charming hillside towns. Your guide will lead the way to a private terrace, where you and your group will enjoy a traditional Tuscan meal, complete with regional specialties such as crostini and cured salami. After your stomach and taste buds have been sated, you will drive back to your original departure point in Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A valid drivers license is required
- Minimum driving age: 18 years
- Previous experience using manual gears is essential. Your guide reserves the right, at his or her discretion, to terminate the participation of any driver who is unable to control the car safely.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. Please note: this tour is unable to accommodate Vegans food requests
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walkabout
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "That's maybe something worth considering changing, I think some roads were not that suitable for scooters and to split up cars and scooters, with each group having a guide of their own, may also be a bit safer." See review
- "The tour guide is very friendly, he speak Spanish, English and German very well, very recommended." See review
- "These are cars from the 60s and 70s, you need to know how to use a clutch." See review