- Ideal for naturalists and lovers of the outdoors
- Travel along rugged off-road routes and absorb panoramic island views
- See natural landmarks such as Eagle’s Rock and Ribeiro Frio , the island’s third-highest peak
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
From here, you’ll travel deep into the southeastern parts of the island and absorb views of Eagle’s Rock from Portela. Stop at Porta da Cruz to visit a sugar cane factory before admiring Santana’s distinctive houses, characterized by their triangular shape and straw-thatched roofs.
Your tour culminates with a visit to Riveiro Frio, whose height of 5,964 feet (1,818 meters) makes it Madeira’s highest peak.
Conclude with hotel drop-off at around 4:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Green Devil Safari
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms