- Make a Sri Lankan lunch the local way on a private Galle home-cooking class
- Get to the heart of local cuisine rather than depend on restaurant menus
- Visit markets and make dishes such as curry at your hosts’ Galle Fort home
- Savor your meal as you chat to your hosts about Sri Lankan food and life
Departure & Return
Please meet your hosts Kodi and Meena at her home in Fort Galle neighborhood of Galle. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to experience; since our hosts begin preparing for your experience up to 2 days in advance, we cannot offer a refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of the experience
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Galle home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Sri Lankan culture and cuisine together.
- Kodi and Meena can offer a vegetarian meal on request, please advise at time of booking if required. They also run a home stay, so you might see other guests while you're there, however your Traveling Spoon experience will remain private.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Authentic Sri Lankan cooking class inside Galle fort in a traditional Dutch home.