- 2.5-hour walking tour of Albayzín and Sacromonte in Granada
- Stroll around UNESCO-listed Albayzín, Granada’s old Moorish quarter
- Explore the quaint lanes to see the whitewashed balconied houses, churches, and squares
- Admire stunning panoramas of the Alhambra Palace
- Delve into cobbled Sacromonte, famous for its gypsy community
- Discover the gypsy caves and local flamenco, arts, and crafts culture
Departure & Return
We are going to be in front of the sculpture. Try to be 5 minutes before the tour sets off in order to start the tour on time.
The tour might finish in another meeting point. Ask the guide before the tour starts.
What To Expect
Covering a hill facing the Alhambra Palace, this quaint neighbourhood forms Granada’s medieval heart, and consists of old Moorish and Andalucian buildings clustered around labyrinthine cobbled streets.
Learn about Albayzín’s 11th-century roots, and meander through the picturesque lanes to admire the whitewashed houses with their flower-filled balconies, as well as churches, squares, and fountains. Pass landmarks like the old city gates and other Moorish remnants, and drink in panoramic views of the Alhambra atop the neighboring hill.
Next, continue to the Sacromonte district to the east of Albayzín. This fascinating quarter is home to Granada’s Roma gypsies, who first arrived here in the 15th century, and is famed for its underground, rock-cut homes.
Follow the cobbled path around the hillside, and see some of the traditional caves where gypsies and others still live. Many are now flamenco bars and tiny museums that showcase the traditional lifestyles, arts, and handicrafts of the original cave dwellers.
Admire the city views from here, and after 2.5 hours’ exploring, bid goodbye to your guide, bringing your tour to a close.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Depending on the date, the visit could be in English and Spanish
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Granada a Pie
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Albayzin and Sacromonte Guided Walking Tour in Granada.