4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a trip back through the history of Guatemala, both ancient and modern, during this private 6-hour exploration of Guatemala City’s top museums. Stop by the Popol Vuh Museum, housing artifacts from some of the oldest cultures that lived in Guatemala. Then explore the wealth of indigenous weaving on display at the Ixchel Museum of Indigenous Textiles and Clothing and learn about Mayan engineering at the Miraflores Museum. This museum-themed excursion also includes a private guide, entrance fees, an optional lunch upgrade and round-trip hotel transport from Antigua or Guatemala City.
- Check out the Popol Vuh, Ixchel, Miraflores and Railway museums in Guatemala City on a private tour
- Admire the artifacts from some of Guatemala's earliest cultures at the Popol Vuh Museum
- Discover the country's rich weaving traditions at the Ixchel Museum of Indigenous Textiles and Clothing
- Explore the ingenious engineering of the Maya at the Miraflores Museum
- Learn about Guatemala's railroad industry at the Railway Museum
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be ready at you lobby hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Dress code is formal
- Dress code is smart casual
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GTM Tour Guide Travel Services Guatemala
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Guatemala City Museums and Guatemala city sightseeing
4 to 5 hours
3 hours 55 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 40 minutes
2 hours 50 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGuatemala CityBus Tours - Central HighlandsHistorical Tours - Central HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Central HighlandsBus Tours - AntiguaHistorical Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaBus Tours - PanajachelHistorical Tours - PanajachelHalf-day Tours - PanajachelCategory