Explore our promoted experiences
- Private half-day tour of Heraklion and Knossos Palace
- Explore the heart of the ancient Minoan civilization
- Imagine legends of the Minotaur and Icarus while walking among captivating ruins
- See artifacts dating back to 5000 BC at the Archaeological Museum (your expense)
- Enjoy free time to sightsee in the town of Heraklion
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Makes an ideal shore excursions for cruise ship passengers
- Port or hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
What To Expect
With your guide, explore remnants of courtyards, shrines, great halls, and royal apartments adorned with frescoes. Learn about the impressive architectural elements of Knossos like irrigation and drainage systems, aqueducts, paved roads, bathrooms, and the first known multi-story construction.
You can continue this tour through ancient history back in Heraklion at the town’s renowned Archaeological Museum, which houses the world’s most important collection of Minoan artifacts (own expense). You'll have additional free time to explore Heraklion’s distinctive mix of historic and modern culture. See the old Venetian walls and town cathedral, browse vendor stalls at the open-air street market, or take in the local scene among decorative fountains. Reconnect with your guide for the return trip to your hotel or cruise ship, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kivotos of Aegean travel
Learn more about cancellations.