7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Snorkel alongside docile whale sharks during this eco-adventure on Isla Holbox. With your local guides, board a boat and set off in search of these gentle giants, keeping a lookout for other species like giant manta rays and sea turtles as you cruise. Slip into the water in pairs with a knowledgeable guide and swim with the world's largest fish, which can grow up to 45 feet (14 meters) long. On the way back to shore, stop near Cabo Catoche to snorkel the 'cuevones' reef. Continue to Santa Paula to go swimming and enjoy freshly caught ceviche before returning to Holbox. Use of all equipment, breakfast and snacks are included.
- Snorkel with whale sharks off Isla Holbox
- Overseen by a guide who is an expert in whale shark behavior
- See other animals like sea turtles, manta rays and octopi
- Light breakfast and fresh ceviche are included
Saved to wishlist!
Boat with GPS.
Cool water and sodas.
Light breakfast in Luuma: coffee, tea, fruits, yoghurt and sweet buns.
Our famous ceviche.
Guacamole and mango for those who do not eat fish.
In case you do not eat the included food, you can take fruits from the breakfast table to the tour.
Flask / bottle (we provide cold water in a large recipient)
Taxi to / from meeting point
Departure & Return
Av. Damero, Centro, 77310 Holbox, Q.R., Mexico
Isla Holbox 32, 77508 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 6 years old are not allowed.
- Season starts officialy May 15, but the arrival of whale sharks to the area vary each year.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIP Holbox Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Excellent staff, boats are as comfortable as a small boat can be." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Whale Shark and Snorkeling Adventure from Isla Holbox
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeSnorkelingWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingIsla HolboxNature and Wildlife - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSnorkeling - Riviera Maya & the YucatanWhale Watching - Riviera Maya & the YucatanCategory