1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
As a cultural practice honored by the UNESCO Heritage of Humanity designation, the Mevlevi Semah ceremony offers a transfixing, centuries-old cultural experience. Don't miss this singular dance form with a whirling dervish show in the heart of Istanbul. Just sit down for your experience to watch the Sufi dancers spin and rotate in twisting movements, enjoy the accompanying music, and encounter one of the most popular and beautiful experiences in Turkey.
- Marvel at a centuries-old ceremony with tickets to a whirling dervish show
- Learn about cultural practices of the Mevleviye, a 13th-century Sufi order
- Easily add this evening event to any itinerary, with shows six nights a week
- See the show at Kızlarağası Medresesi in Cağaloğlu, just across to the McDonalds restaurant.
Saved to wishlist!
60 minute Dervish Ceremony
Departure & Return
Departure PointThe House of Ismail Dede, Ahirkapi Sokak No: 17 Sultanahmet, Istanbul Turkey
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Istanbul Welcome Card
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony
1 hour 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursFamily-friendly Shows Sightseeing Tickets & PassesShows, Concerts & SportsTours & SightseeingIstanbulSkip-the-Line Tours - VarnaFamily-friendly Shows - VarnaSkip-the-Line Tours - IzmirFamily-friendly Shows - IzmirSkip-the-Line Tours - PamukkaleFamily-friendly Shows - PamukkaleCategory
Mihrimah Sultan Mosque (Mihrimah Sultan Camii)Beyazit Mosque (Beyazit Camii)Museum of Innocence (Masumiyet Müzesi)Venezia Mega OutletArasta BazaarPelit Chocolate MuseumEyup Sultan MosqueAnadolu KavagiHippodrome (Sultanahmet Meydani)Belgrad Forest (Belgrad Ormani)Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)BursaMilitary Museum and Cultural Center Command (Askeri Müze)Istiklal Street (Istiklal Caddesi)Troy (Truva)EyüpSerpent Column (Yilani Sütun)Patriarchal Church of St. GeorgeBeyogluAynalikavak Palace (Aynalikavak Kasri)