- Evening Turkish food tour of Istanbul
- Step off the main tourist trail and eat like a local
- Enjoy a simit bagel in a locally renowned bakery and visit a kiraathane (meeting room)
- Grill your own kebabs on an open fire in a barbeque restaurant
- Party the night away in a Turkish tapas bar with live music
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Turkish cuisine is renown for its synergy of Mediterranean and Eastern foods. With an abundance of spices, herbs, and simple yet fresh ingredients it’s no wonder Turkish fare tantalizes taste buds. Moreover, no place does it better than the the culinary capital, Istanbul. Since Istanbul has restaurants, street vendors, and meyhanes along every street the city can be difficult and often frustrating to navigate for the best grub. Lucky for you, your local guide can help uncover the hidden gems and help you discover Istanbul’s traditional delights.
Next, cruise to neighborhood hot spot called Ocakbaşi, where you can barbecue your own kebabs on a fired grill. Savor this delicious spiced meat as your guide explains the heritage of Turkish cuisine. Then, taste the traditional aniseed-flavored liquor, raki, a perfect aperitif. After getting a nice buzz, walk down a bustling street lined with restaurants and step into a festive meyhane to enjoy the rest of your night.
Listen to the hip live music and witness the bar’s ambiance trend from chill to high energy. As you get into the vibe, start with some tasty Turkish meze and then warm your belly with a bowl of Işkembe Çorbasi, Turkish soup. Prepare yourself for a fun evening with a cup of Turkish coffee since meyhanes can transform into parties. Finally, sip on another raki and soak up the good times before a late return to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for drinking alcoholic drinks is 18 years
- Please note that if your hotel is located on the Asian side hotel pick up can’t be provided
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Istanbul Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Istanbul by Night: Local Food Tasting - Dining Out in Turkish Way as Locals.