- Full-day private tour of Istanbul and its main attractions
- View iconic landmarks like the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia
- Underground Cistern or Nakkas Cistern
- Ottoman architecture and museums of Topkapi Palace
- Shopping heaven in the Grand Bazaar
- Enjoy personalized attention from your English-speaking guide on this special private tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Istanbul hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Continue to Hagia Sophia and learn how this civil engineering wonder was once the largest church in the world, then a mosque, and now the Saint Sophia Museum. Enjoy perusing through this enormous dome structure admiring the beautiful Byzantine mosaics.
Next, delve under the famous peninsula of Sarayburnu into the largest ancient cistern in Istanbul, Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarayı). Located a mere 500 feet (150m) southwest of the Hagia Sophia, Experience its sheer size. Learn how it was built under the rule of Byzantine Emperor Justinian I in the 6th century and is the largest cistern in a city of hundreds.
Rise above ground and take a short walk to Topkapi Palace, the oldest and largest palace on the planet. Hear about the treasure held within its walls as you stroll through its ornate rooms. Then, cruise around its buildings to a spectacular vantage point of the Golden Horn and learn why it's considered the crown jewel of the Ottoman Empire. (On Tuesdays the palace is closed, so instead visit the Istanbul Archaeology Museum)
Onward to the center of Constantinople’s sporting and political heart at the Hippodrome. Go back in time 500 years when the Ottoman empire was in power and imagine a place ruled by games and riots. Nowadays, this civic park carries on the Ottoman tradition in its name only known as the Horse Grounds (At Meydanı). Move on and admire the Hippodrome’s ancient Egyptian granite Obelisk and hear how it was transported in 390 AD to Constantinople by Emperor Theodosius.
Finally, enjoy the hustle and bustle of the famous Grand Bazaar. Discover the world’s largest canopied market as you stroll along peering into shops full of leather, pottery, jewelry, spices and carpets. With more than 4,000 shops on 58 streets, you’ll be astounded that this market has been operating since the 14th century. (Closed on Sundays; so extra time will be spread over the other locations for a more intimate experience.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Customers booking this tour for shore excursions will not have time to visit the Basilica Cistern, due to the limited time in Istanbul
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace.