- Admire beautiful Byzantine architecture inside Hagia Sophia Museum
- Learn about Turkey’s close ties with Germany as you visit the German Fountain
- Stroll through the Blue Mosque and hear tales of the extravagant Sultan who commissioned it to be built
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, leave Hagia Sophia and stroll to Sultanahmet Square to marvel at the German Fountain. As you observe water gush from this Neo-Renaissance fountain, hear how Germany’s General Emperor Wilhelm presented this gift to Turkey to symbolize the two countries longstanding solidarity.
Afterward, continue with a short walk to the Hippodrome of Constantinople, the epicenter of political and sporting life in Istanbul during Roman and Ottoman empire reign. Listen as your guide tells tales of raucous riots, exciting chariot races, and chaotic rebellions that once dominated this area.
Finally, explore the famous Blue Mosque which was commissioned in the early 1600s by 19-year-old Sultan Ahmet to challenge the brilliance of the Hagia Sophia. As you wander with your guide, stare up at the six towering minarets and enjoy the grandeur of the immense dome that fills Istanbul’s postcard worthy skyline. Inside, walk along and capture stunning views of the blue Iznik tiles that cover the walls and ceiling. Then, snap a few close-ups of the elegant stained-glass windows that fill the mosque with vibrant colors. Step out of the Blue Mosque, and promenade back through this historic area to the beginning where your tour ends.
Note: On Mondays Hagia Sophia is closed and will be replaced with Basilica Cistern.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Women are required to wear a scarf to enter the Blue Mosque. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Istanbul Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Istanbul Classics Half Day Morning Tour.