1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Uncover the sacred practice of the mystical Sufis at an authentic Mevlevi Sema Ceremony held at Istanbul’s Hodjapasha, and witness the 800-year-old tradition that has been preserved on UNESCO’s list of Intangible Heritage of Humanity. Be mesmerized by the bizarre yet beautiful sight of the Whirling Dervishes as they perform their unique spiritual rituals during an hour-long show, including a live orchestra and 360-video projections.
- A 1-hour Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha in Istanbul
- Immerse in Turkish culture
- Watch a mesmerizing performance
- Explore the Whirling Dervishes’ museum
- Learn about the history of Whirling Dervishes
- Listen to a live Turkish orchestra
Saved to wishlist!
Multi Language Explanation Booklet
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hodjapasha , Hoca Paşa Mahallesi Ankara Caddesi, Hoca Paşa, Hocapaşa Hamamı Sk. No:3 D:B, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul, TurkeyThis activity will end right where it started.
Across Sirkeci Tram stop in Ankara Street
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hodjapasha Cultural Centre
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I am an avid photographer and what I didn't realize is that photography or videography of any kind is prohibited as this is a religious ceremony." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Whirling Dervishes at Hodjapasha
1 hour 5 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursTrolley Tours Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingIstanbulCity Tours - VarnaTrolley Tours - VarnaHistorical Tours - VarnaCity Tours - IzmirTrolley Tours - IzmirHistorical Tours - IzmirCity Tours - PamukkaleTrolley Tours - PamukkaleHistorical Tours - PamukkaleCategory
Galata Mevlevi Museum (Galata Mevlevihanesi Müzesi)Sokollu Mehmet Pasha Mosque (Sokollu Mehmet Paşa Camii)Military Museum and Cultural Center Command (Askeri Müze)Ural Ataman Classic Car MuseumGreat Palace Mosaic MuseumIstanbul Museum of Modern Art (Istanbul Modern Sanat Müzesi)Camlica Hill (Camlica Tepesi)Borusan ContemporaryGalatasaray High School (Galatasaray Lisesi)Gallipoli Peninsula (Gelibolu Yarimadasi)Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)Arasta BazaarKoza HanSapanca Lake (Sapanca Gölü)Istanbul SEA LIFE® AquariumPatriarchal Church of St. GeorgeSadberk Hanim Museum (Sadberk Hanım Müzesi)OrtaköyGalata Tower (Galata Kulesi)