- Explore Sri Lanka's Nuwara Eliya including a train trip and sightseeing with a private guide
- Ride into the Sri Lankan highlands aboard a classic rail line
- Tour Ramboda Falls and the Blue Field Tea Factory on the return trip to Kandy
- Private guide for more personalized service and attention
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Board this classic train as it leaves the station, and enjoy the views as your locomotive ascends into the Sri Lankan highlands. Admire the scenery of brilliant-green plant life and feel the cooler temperatures as you train climbs ever-higher into the Sri Lankan interior. You’ll also encounter vistas of picturesque villages and postcard-perfect waterfalls as your ride continues. The complete ride will last between three and four hours.
Arrive at Nanuoya station to begin your exploration of the former British colonial hill town of Nuwara Eliya. Transfer from the station into the city and learn about the heyday of this British vacation era in the 19th and 20th centuries. Check out the town’s collection of striking cottages, mansions, and villas, and take a break for lunch. After your meal, you’ll get a look at Lake Gregory and the vacation homes lining its shores, and visit a vintage post office where you can send an old-school postcard to friends back home.
After your time in Nuwara Eliya, you’ll receive a ride back to Kandy. During the trip back you’ll make two stops. One at the scenic Ramboda Falls, and the other at the Blue Field Tea Factory. This plant is a great example of Sri Lanka’s longstanding tea industry, which dates back to its introduction by the British entrepreneur James Taylor in the early 19th century. You’ll return back to your Kandy hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum of 8 people per booking
- Comfortable walking shoes and hats are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please train ride is not a private ride.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms