- 4-day tour from Kathmandu, including three days of hiking in Kathmandu Valley
- Immerse yourself in local Nepali culture at local teahouses
- Accommodations plus round-trip transport by minivan included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from your expert guide
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- On this hiking trip, you will be walking at demanding altitudes of approximately 12,467 ft (3800 m) above sea level, with the possibility of extreme variations in weather; it is common for travelers to experience adverse health effects due to this altitude, regardless of your age, gender and fitness. It is highly recommended that you discuss this trip with your doctor prior to departure
- All tour leaders have basic first aid training and are aware of the closest medical facilities
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler. Visas are obtainable from embassies abroad or on arrival at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport. If you are planning on getting a multi-entry visa from the airport, please be prepared for long lines; you will also need to provide 2 passport photos and the following fees in USD: $25 for 15-day visa, $40 for 30-day visa, $100 for 90-day visa.
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
- Minimum age is 12 years; all travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- As no meals are included, please expect to spend around US$130 in total for meals purchased locally
- Please pack as lightly as possible, as you are expected to carry your own luggage; it is recommended that you keep the weight under 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Accommodation: Single Room: For single travelers. If your group has more than one person, you may also book this option if you would like to be placed in separate rooms, one person per room Double Room: For travelers with more than one person. If you are traveling with an odd number of companions, three people will be placed in a triple room (three people per room), the rest in double rooms, subject to availability; in certain cases, the extra person may have to be placed in a double room with another passenger or in a single room by him/herself, additional charge to be paid directly to local operator (in this case, you will be notified prior to departure)
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- The following information is required of travelers upon booking:
- Full name, nationality and current country of residence
- Date of birth
- Passport number, issue date and expiry date
- E-mail address
- Existing medical conditions or dietary requirements
- Travel insurer name, contact number and policy number
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a join-in trip rather than a scheduled group trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities.
- If you have booked on this trip by yourself and without other travel companions, then you will be assigned a single room on this trip on Days 2 & 3. Other nights will be in shared accommodation.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group
If you cancel at least 56 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 30 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 31 and 55 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 4-Day Kathmandu Valley Trekking Tour Including Bhaktapur.