- View the Himalayas in first light of day from Nagarkot
- Follow your guide on an easy hike that is mostly downhill
- Visit Changu Narayan Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Kathmandu
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Your private vehicle follows the road to Nagarkot Hill where you get the chance to watch the sunrise over the mighty Himalayas. On a clear day, you can see Gosainkunda, Mt. Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, and the Annapurna Mountains.
Stop at a restaurant in Nagarkot for breakfast (own expense), then follow your guide along the trail to Changu Narayan, a route that passes through Brahmin and Tamang villages with terraced farms on hillsides that overlook Kathmandu Valley and the Himalayas. The trek is mostly downhill, offering an easy hike that is suitable for most people.
Hike to reach Changu Narayan Temple, one of the least–visited of Nepal's UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Artisans in the Newari village create wood and stone carvings. Have the option to try Newari dishes for lunch (own expense) and experience the hospitality of the local people.
After lunch, a private vehicle returns you to your Kathmandu hotel where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In the event of poor weather or bad traffic conditions, tour itinerary is subject to change without notice. No cancellations or refunds will be issued. See voucher for details
- We recommend you bring warm clothing during winter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Himalayan Planet Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms