6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
With its palm-fringed waterways, Alleppey—Venice of the East—is one of South India’s most scenic spots. But the most stunning locations are only accessible to boats. During this exclusive backwater tour, you’ll hop a traditional Shikara, or Indian canoe, to cruise past coconut palms, picturesque villages, and lush rice paddies. Get a peek at rural life in Kerala while you relax and glide down Alleppey’s iconic canals.
- A relaxing ride on Alleppey’s picturesque backwaters in a traditional Shikhara boat
- Discover lush vegetation, stunning palm groves, and picturesque villages—only accessible by water
- Tours include hotel transfer for added convenience—you can even arrange a lunch stop
- Settle back and relax as you get an insider’s view on life on the water in scenic Kerala
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off in Fort Cochin, Wellingdon Island, Kundanoor, or Ernakulam MG Road by private air conditioned vehicle
Non AC Shikara cruise (approx. 3 hrs)
Pick Up /Drop from Cochin Cruise Port Terminal
Drinks and alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Hotels /Homestays in Cochin/Aleppey/Mararikulam or Cochin Cruise Port
(If the Pick up is from Hotel - Please mention Hotel name in Special Requirement Column)
- Sagarika Cochin International Cruise Terminal, Venkitaraman Rd, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682009, India
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Carnival Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kochi Private Tour: Kerala Backwater Shikara (Shaded Canoe Boat) Day Cruise?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Kochi Private Tour: Kerala Backwater Shikara (Shaded Canoe Boat) Day Cruise
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsUnique ExperiencesWater ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKochiShore Excursions - KeralaUnique Experiences - KeralaWater Tours - KeralaPorts of Call Tours - KeralaFull-day Tours - KeralaHalf-day Tours - KeralaShore Excursions - CoimbatoreUnique Experiences - CoimbatoreWater Tours - CoimbatorePorts of Call Tours - CoimbatoreFull-day Tours - CoimbatoreHalf-day Tours - CoimbatoreShore Excursions - MaduraiUnique Experiences - MaduraiWater Tours - MaduraiPorts of Call Tours - MaduraiFull-day Tours - MaduraiHalf-day Tours - MaduraiCategory