7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This incredible tour showcases the best of Kerala and creates the perfect opportunity to enjoy rural South Indian life. Enjoy a rival cruise along the Alleppey backwaters in a traditional house boat. Savor the flavors of local Kerala cuisine cooked on board and tour Fort Cochin, see the famous Chinese fishing nets, check out St Francis Church and tour Dhobi Khana.
- Kochi shore excursion of Fort Kochi and Alleppey backwaters
- Experience the tranquil beauty of the Alleppey backwaters
- Savor the flavors of traditional Kerala cuisine
- See the top sites of Kochi with a guide, including the Chinese fishing nets
Saved to wishlist!
Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
English speaking guide
2 hours backwater cruise
Kerala Lunch on board
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
At Cruise terminal guide will be waiting at pier holding a placard in your name .
For hotel pick up ,guide will report at reception
What To Expect
This incredible tour showcases the best of Kerala in a day for those looking to explore the area. Take a cruise along the Alleppey backwaters in a traditional houseboat while enjoying a Keralan lunch on board. Plus, get the opportunity to visit St. Francis Church and Basilica, as well as the famous Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Cochin or Cochin Cruise Port ships berth before beginning a 1.5-hour transfer to Alleppey to board your houseboat. You will then begin your journey, cruising slowly through the backwaters and village areas to marvel at the lush vegetation, paddy fields, coconut palms, and more. There will be 3 staff members to look after you and make sure your experience is as relaxed as you could wish for. Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is located between the Arabian Sea and the web of rivers flowing into it. In the early 20th century, the Viceroy of the Indian Empire, Lord Curzon, was so mesmerized by the scenic beauty that he declared that Alleppey was the “Venice of the East.” You can enjoy a lunch of Keralan cuisine on the houseboat, before later transferring to Fort Kochi to visit the famous Chinese nets, St. Francis Church and Dhobi Khana. Your tour will then conclude as you are driven back to your hotel in Cochin, or to the Cochin Port.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Group discount is available
- A current valid passport Copy is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain a Indian Tourist Visa to get down at Cochin Port. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Carnival Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Kochi Shore Excursion- Private Day Tour of Heritage and Backwaters
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsUnique ExperiencesBus ToursWater ToursDay CruisesPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesKochiShore Excursions - KeralaUnique Experiences - KeralaBus Tours - KeralaWater Tours - KeralaDay Cruises - KeralaPorts of Call Tours - KeralaFull-day Tours - KeralaShore Excursions - CoimbatoreUnique Experiences - CoimbatoreBus Tours - CoimbatoreWater Tours - CoimbatoreDay Cruises - CoimbatorePorts of Call Tours - CoimbatoreFull-day Tours - CoimbatoreShore Excursions - MaduraiUnique Experiences - MaduraiBus Tours - MaduraiWater Tours - MaduraiDay Cruises - MaduraiPorts of Call Tours - MaduraiFull-day Tours - MaduraiCategory