- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included (if option selected)
- Witness a Kolam making demonstration by females in Brahmin Hindu Ancestral Home
- Visit Koonankurishu Church where the relics of St. George are stored
- Watch a demonstration of tools used for coconut dehusking, winnowing and other food related items in Kerala
- Visit the Tirumala Devaswom Temple and the Abode of Snakes
- All entrance fees included
Departure & Return
We will pick you up from the Cruise Ship Terminal if you are coming in a Cruise Ship. All the transportation and activity charges are included in the price
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your tour by learning about the history of the Chinese fishing nets, then proceed to the Dutch Cemetery and Fort Emmaneul. Walk through a beach lane to Manjal Bhagvati temple, an have time to receive a henna treatment nearby if desired (own expense).
Continue to the local market to see how some common foods are made and wander through the colorful stalls. Next up, see Tirumala Devaswom Temple from the outside, followed by a palace with large rice granaries, and the Snake God Park, Sarpa Kavu. The site contains representations of snake deities, and is believed to be inhabited by snakes.
By car, go to the fruit and vegetable market, then check out the fascinating architecture and history of St George Orthodox Koonan Kurish Old Syrian Church.
Conclude your tour with a kolam (painting with colored rice flours) demonstration at the Brahmin Hindu Agraharam. This style of geometrical line painting is traditionally placed in front of Hindu houses by female family members.
Throughout the day, your guide shares details about the contributions from Hindu, Christian, Arab, Dutch, and British communities to the development of Kochi.
Your tour ends after four hours at the entrance to the Dutch Palace, unless you choose the hotel pickup and drop-off option.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 people per day for this tour
- Please let us know your arrival ship details and pickup time after you book the tour to ensure we get the permit to come near the ship
- Tour does not include crowded tourist attractions like St. Francis Church, Dutch Palace, etc. These can be included by special request (at an additional cost)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Iris Holidays
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.