- Private shore excursion from Kusadasi to Ephesus
- Visit the House of Virgin Mary, where Mary last lived
- Explore the ancient city of Ephesus
- See the site of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Find exciting historical data and Roman stories from your private local guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Within the ancient city discover Celsus Library, a remarkable monument that once housed over 12,000 scrolls. Learn about the extraordinary tomb that rests below the bottom floor where rests the remains of Gaius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, the former governor of the province of Asia.
Next, head to Odeon and stroll to the Great Theater and the Fountain of Trajan. Here, listen as your guide entertains you with interesting historical details and tales of city lore. Then, visit the Temple of Hadrian and observe the Ephesus foundation whose three support panels portray mythological imagery.
On to the Temple of Artemis to admire one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World. One of Ephesus’ most impressive temples, marvel at the ruins of this amazing engineering feat that was constructed during the Archaic period.
Finally, continue to the House of the Virgin Mary and discover the place where she spent her final moments. Hear how the Vatican authenticated the religious significance of this small two-story Roman home as you explore its central section. Then, observe how the room to the right of the altar gives this building a look of a church more than house.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:Don’t fret, this tour ensures you will get on your ship! In the unlikely event that your ship has departed, we will prepare transportation to the next port-of call. Plus, you can book worry free. If by chance your ship is delayed to arrive and you cannot attend the tour, we will refund your money. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Achtypis Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience