- Day trip from Lisbon to the historic and beautiful towns of Sintra and Cascais
- Discover the natural wonders of Pena Park and Sintra Natural Park
- See the cliffs of Roca Cape, the westernmost point of continental Europe
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, including free time at Cascais Beach
- Small-group walking tour limited to 8 people for a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please meet our guide in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. Most of the times the guide will park the vehicle in a underground parking lot, so don't worry if you don't see any vehicles approaching.
What To Expect
Continue to Pena National Palace, the most famous of Sintra’s monuments, located at the top of Sintra Mountain. Enjoy this 19th-century Romanticist castle that looks and feels like a fairy tale. Admire its eclectic Neo-Manueline, Neo-Gothic and Neo-Renaissance styles as you head inside. Observe the extravagant bedrooms that used to serve as a summer residence for the royal family.
Depart the palace and stroll with your guide to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sintra. Spend some free time to have lunch or discover the town’s forested palaces like Sintra National Palace, a medieval royal palace occupied from the 15th to 19th centuries (own expense). Check out the local fare with tastes of aqueijada or travesseiro, two scrumptious and traditional pastries.
Meet back at your coach and travel past Quinta da Regaleira and the Palace of Monserrate on the way to Roca Cape (Cabo da Roca). Then, whip out your camera for great photos at the rocky bluffs which are Europe’s westernmost point. Briefly, visit Guincho Beach where surfers shred the gnar and then cruise by Hell’s Mouth (Boca do Inferno). Finally, make your way to Cascais’ bay for a walk.
In the former fishing town of Cascais, peruse the narrow streets of this trendy vacation getaway with your guide. Check out classic white, terracotta-roofed houses as you make your way to the beach. Then, bask in the sun as you tuck your toes into the golden sands and gaze over the expansive Atlantic Ocean.
Along the journey back to central Lisbon, where your tour concludes, enjoy pristine views of the scenic town of Estoril.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Duration of stop at Cascais Beach depends on weather conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Infant / child seats are mandatory for children aged 0-11. These are available on request if child age is advised at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inside Lisbon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Traffic and crowds were huge so be prepared to wait." See review
- "As there is a fair bit of hilly walking I would not recommend this trip for the elderly or those who have limited mobility" See review
- "I would say you should dress for walking or hiking as the hills in Sintra are pretty steep and the walks are long." See review