- Half-day Predjama Castle and Postojna Cave tour from Ljubljana
- Explore Postojna Cave and get up close to its spectacular stalactites, stalagmites, and caverns
- Ride a mini-train into the 13-mile (21-km) network and tour its highlights with a local guide
- Numbers limited to eight people, ensuring a small-group experience with personalized attention from the guide
Departure & Return
At the obelisk in the square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
With your guide or on your own, begin your adventure through the labyrinth of staircases. Stop in different chambers and see antique furnishings and historical armaments. Discover the legend of Erazem Predjama, owner of the castle in the 15th century, who used a secret tunnel to collect supplies, mostly cherries, while the castle was being endlessly attacked.
Later meet with your group and journey to Postojna Cave. Hop aboard the electric mini-train and voyage into this cave along a rail system that was built in 1872. Learn about how calcites, stalagmites, and stalactites were formed by the Pivka river in this 20-km (13-mile) network of caves. Then delve into the interesting biology that resides here cumulating 100 different species. Hear about the blind salamanders locally referred to as “human fish” that wander the subsurface rivers within.
Emerge from the caves and hop back into your mini-van for a leisurely ride back to your Ljubljana hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Predjama castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Postojna cave (temperature in the cave is 9°C / 48 Fahrenheit).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Slovenia Explorer
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Predjama Castle and Postojna Cave Tour from Ljubljana.