- Day trip to Lake Bled, Predjama Castle, and Postojna Cave from Ljubljana
- Experience gorgeous Lake Bled, Bled Island, and the Julian Alps
- Ride a pletna to Bled Island to explore and try potica cake (own expense)
- Discover medieval Bled Castle and make the most of ample free time
- Visit Predjama Castle, a medieval fortress built high into a cliff
- Explore spectacular Postojna Cave to see its stalactites, stalagmites, and vast halls
- Enjoy personalized attention from a guide on a small-group tour limited to eight people
Departure & Return
Outside Slovenian Tourist information Center at 10 Krek square (Krekov trg 10).
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Appreciate Slovenia’s green countryside during the drive and learn about the mixed glacial and tectonic formations of Lake Bled. Hear about Bled Island’s iconic 17th-century pilgrimage church decorated with Gothic frescos. As you wind into town through majestic peaks, notice the 11th-century Bled Castle rising high atop a stony bluff.
Next, hop aboard a wooden pletna and enjoy crystal clear waters on your cruise to the Island. Disembark and spend time roaming the Church of the Assumption of Mary (own expense) or sample local Slovenian treats at the island cafe.
After returning from the island, head up to Bled Castle to explore its restored buildings and historic walls. Enter the museum and delve into the castle’s history as you see its artifacts, armor, and weaponry. Then grab stunning panoramic views of the lakes from atop the cliff.
Enjoy more time on your own and stroll the lake stopping for lunch (own expense). Perhaps try some tasty potica, a Slovenian nut roll pastry (own expense). Then meet back up with your group for a drive to Slovenia’s most popular site—Postojna Cave. Wind along a mini-train through the second-longest cave network in the country. Then follow your guide into the creepy natural chambers and witness strange stalactites, stalagmites, and rock formations. Learn about the blind salamanders referred to as ‘human fish’ which live in the subsurface rivers.
Finally, move on to Predjama Castle. Arrive at this eerie Renaissance-era castle tucked away in the rocky cliffs of south-central Slovenia. Discover the legend of Erazem Predjama as you weave through many dark staircases into mysterious rooms.
On your way back to your hotel in Ljubljana, enjoy sharing your memorable day in Slovenia.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Bled island, Bled castle, and Predjama castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Postojna cave (temperature in the cave is 9°C / 48 Fahrenheit).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Slovenia Explorer
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Slovenia in One Day: Small-Group Day Trip to Lake Bled, Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle from Ljubljana.
- "Also the caves are very cold so take a jumper/ coat." See review
- "It's a long day but it's certainly worth it if you have only a weekend or so in the area around Ljubljana." See review
- "While this trip is a long day, it is a great way to see some very different and interesting locations in Slovenia." See review