Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Ideal for fans of the hit British drama, 'Downtown Abbey'
- Explore the beautiful gardens surrounding Highclere Castle
- Tour the castle's opulent interior and visit 'Downtown Abbey' filming locations with a guide
- Entrance fees and round-trip transport from London are included
Departure & Return
11.15am Outside the Hard Rock Hotel main entrance, Marble Arch (formerly the Cumberland Hotel)
This trip ends at London Victoria coach & rail station, which has great transport links across London and beyond.
What To Expect
During the journey, your guide regales you with stories and gossip relating to the hit British period drama, 'Downtown Abbey,' and details the various uses of Highclere Castle throughout history.
On arrival at the grand residence, you’ll begin your tour by exploring the beautiful castle grounds, which play host to the Monk’s Garden, the Wood of Goodwill, and the White Border. Then, head inside the castle to admire the opulent décor of the State Rooms: the dining room, smoking room, music room, and drawing room are all covered.
Your guide points out rooms used to film episodes of 'Downtown Abbey,' and refers to precise scenes during which drama unfolded. Before returning to London, you’ll have time to enjoy lunch or afternoon tea (own expense).
The tour concludes with drop-off at Victoria Coach Station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: this trip is not accompanied by a professional guide. On entry to Highclere Castle there are staff available in selected rooms to answer questions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY International Friends
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Highclere Castle Express from London.