- Vintage double-decker bus and walking tour of the darkest recesses of historical London
- Visit the locations of London’s most infamous executions, hauntings, and murders
- Walk the alleyways where Jack the Ripper stalked his victims
- See the execution sites of King Charles I and William Wallace, as immortalized in the film 'Braveheart'
- Head inside the Sherlock Holmes pub to enjoy a drink and dinner (own expense)
- Travel on a Jack the Ripper-themed double-decker bus with a guide
Departure & Return
Located approximately 7 minutes walk from Victoria Underground and Railway station. Tour departs inside the building at Gate 0 at 19:00pm (Boarding starts at 18:45pm).
Located 5-minute walk from Charing Cross underground station near Trafalgar square
What To Expect
Pass Westminster Abbey and the Banqueting House at Whitehall, the execution site of King Charles I in 1649. Immerse yourself in the tales of execution etiquette in the 17th century, when beheading was the favored act. Learn of skilled executioners and the spectacle that would unravel during bloody public executions at Tower Hill. Then zip past Old Bailey—site of public hangings in the 19th century—and Fleet Street to see where the barber Sweeney Todd gruesomely butchered clients and packed them into meat pies to be guzzled by local patrons.
Your next stop is London’s Smithfield Market. A historic site that began as a meat market in the 10th century, Smithfield witnessed many brutal executions over the centuries. Wander the building and surrounding lanes as you hear about historical figures that met their end here such as Wat Tyler, leader of the Peasants' Revolt, and Scottish patriot William Wallace. Visit Wallace’s memorial and learn about how grave robbing became a popular money-making scheme in the 19th century.
As night falls, arrive at London’s East End, where Jack the Ripper stalked his victims more than 125 years ago. Pass locations where the Ripper’s five victims were found by horrified Londoners. Disembark to follow the murder trail, and discuss theories and suspects that have come and gone, leaving the Jack the Ripper story a great unsolved mystery.
Your tour concludes with a visit to the Sherlock Holmes Pub near Trafalgar Square. Explore Holmes memorabilia and warm yourself with a drink and some crispy English fish and chips (own expense).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not suitable for children aged 12 and under
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a combination bus/walking tour and will finish at a traditional pub near Trafalgar Square. Some walking involved.
- On rare occasions the open top bus may be changed to a closed top bus.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Premium Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "youll need to walk a bit so make sure you are comfortable" See review
- "The tour wasn’t scary, so if that is what you’re looking for then I wouldn’t suggest it, but if you want a fun way to experience history, I would highly recommend doing this tour." See review
- "We loved this tour and would recommend great for families" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews