- Visit El Escorial, the Valley of the Fallen, and see Madrid by Segway
- Marvel at the sprawling El Escorial complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stare up at the 492-foot (150-meter) cross of Valley of the Fallen
- Experience top Madrid sights while riding an electric-powered Segway
- See some of the best attractions in the Spanish capital on one trip
Departure & Return
Departure will be at 9:00am, you should be ready 15min before. Please be ready on time waiting inside vpt tours office located in Ferraz 3 / we are next to the phramacy.
What To Expect
Wander through this UNESCO World Heritage Site’s sprawling complex, an area which includes a royal palace, monastery, school, and a museum. Stop by El Escorial’s monastery, visit the Pantheons of the Royal Family, check out the Chapter Houses, see the Basilica, and experience the Cloister of the Four Evangelists, plus much more. You also discover the history of this religious site’s founding and eventual adoption by the Spanish royal family.
Continue the trip by visit the Valley of the Fallen, a monument built by Spanish General Francisco Franco to commemorate the bloody Spanish Civil War. Dominated by a 492-foot (150-meter) cross set among a scenic valley near the Mountains of Guadarrama, the site also includes a Basilica and a crypt carved into the rock beneath the mountainside. Spend time wandering the site as you take look inside the Basilica and crypt.
Finish the day by returning to Madrid and stepping aboard an electric-powered Segway for a city sightseeing adventure. Roll past famous Madrid sights like the Royal Palace, Plaza Mayor, Mercado de San Miguel, Plaza de España, Cathedral of Almudena, Temple of Debod, and much more. End your excursion back at the tour operator’s offices in Madrid.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY VPT Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff