- Guided tour of the Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid
- Admire the museum itself, which is housed in an old hospital building
- Learn about abstractionism and cubism from an art-expert guide
- Discover notable works of art by Pablo Picasso and other Spanish artists
- See artwork by the Mexican painter Diego Rivera
Departure & Return
The guide will be waiting next to the tall statue at the main entrance of the museum holding a sign of Amigo Tours. This is at the Street Santa Isabel
What To Expect
With your group together, head inside the beautiful museum, which once formed part of a hospital, and then wander the art-laden hallways to discover its treasures.
Learn about the different artistic styles such as abstractionism, cubism, surrealism, and modernism, and discover works of influential Spanish artists such as Pablo Picasso, Salvadori Dalí, and Joan Miró. While artists from outside of Spain aren’t heavily represented in the gallery, your guide points out works by the Mexican Diego Rivera among other international names. There are also international and national temporary exhibitions on show.
After learning about the people and history behind the Reina Sofia’s artwork, your tour ends in the museum where you can stay longer, if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Photography is not allowed inside the museum
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Spain
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms