Explore our promoted experiences
- Madrid sightseeing tour with Royal Palace visit
- Learn about Madrid’s Moorish origins in Barrio de la Moreria
- See Madrid's famous Habsburg monuments and squares
- View the Royal Palace's throne room, banqueting rooms, and royal apartments with your professional guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Start your day in central Madrid, heading out to begin your exploration of the many hundreds of years of architectural history that have shaped the boundaries and buildings of this dynamic urban area. Discover the Moorish history of Madrid in the Barrio de la Moreria, an old Moorish section of the city. Proceed from there to view some of the various structures of Madrid's Habsburg period, including Calle Mayor, Plaza de la Villa, the Prado Museum and Plaza Mayor, an era characterized by its renaissance and baroque architectural styles.
Continue your visit with an examination of the architecture of the period surrounding the reign of Charles III in the 18th century. During this era, Madrid gained importance as a critical knowledge center for culture and science, as artists and intellectuals flocked to its neighborhoods. Check out the Monumento de la Encarnación, Puerta del Sol and Puerta de la Opera, which provide excellent examples of the flurry of construction that took place during this time.
Head next into the contemporary era of Madrid's history, first by exploring the boulevards of Gran Vía and Paseo de la Castellana. Then head next to the beautiful structures of the Barrio Salamanca and Parque del Oeste neighborhood, along with a chance to view some of Madrid's most important commercial and financial areas. You'll also stop at modern architectural sites like Ventas Bullring or Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, before taking time for a stroll at the city's newest public space Madrid Rio.
Then head to Royal Palace—the former home of the Spanish royal family. It was constructed in Italian baroque style in the 18th century near the city's historic alcazar (Arab-fortress). Take a tour inside this beautiful palace, among the best-preserved in Europe, as you listen to your guide place it into context with other surrounding structures like the Plaza de Oriente and Campo del Moro.
Then go inside the palace to admire the extensive collection of antique clocks, armor, art, porcelain, and tapestries that line its halls. Make sure to check out the works by Spanish masters Goya and Velazquez and stop by the throne room, banquet halls, and private royal apartments. You also have time to see the royal armory, pharmacy and grand hall of columns.
End your Madrid tour outside the Royal Palace.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, we recommended comfortable shoes.
- Royal Palace visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Palace Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the oficial acts to be celebrated in the palace.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the City (demonstrations, sport events, cultural events, official acts and public works).
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- We will make convenient stops to rest and take pictures at Plaza Mayor, Debod’s Temple and Las Ventas Bullring, if the weather permits and always accompanied by our guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I don’t know maybe it’s better if you take the hop on hop tour bus instead." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews