- Half-day tour of El Escorial Monastery and Valley of the Fallen from Madrid
- Learn how the royal site of Escorial was used for many functions
- Gain valuable insight into Spain's fascinating history from your expert guide
- Round-trip transport from central Madrid included
Departure & Return
The guide will be waiting on the corner between street Julio Camba and street Alcalá with a sign of Amigo Tours
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Tuesday - Saturday:||09:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
This structure is considered one of the most unique examples of Renaissance architecture in Europe. Wander around the Gothic cemetery; capture photographs of the basilica built into the side of a mountain; and see the monastery founded by the monks of St. Jerome.
Proceed to the Valley of the Fallen monument that was erected during the Francoist regime to commemorate those who died during the Spanish Civil War. Pay your respects and admire the location before heading back to Madrid to conclude your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the monuments have the right to close due to official events
- Hotel pick up can be arranged if you Hotel is in the city center.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Spain
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms