- Traverse the High Atlas Mountains via the magnificent Tizi-n-Tichka pass
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Aït Benhaddou kasbah with a guide
- Take a camel trek from Merzouga to Erg Chebbi and enjoy dinner under the stars at a Berber desert camp
- Tour includes some meals and round-trip travel from Marrakech
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel or riad in central Marrakech. If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles.
Directions: Hotel pickup is available from hotels and riads located in central Marrakech. Please be sure to advise your hotel details at the time of reconfirmation to arrange your pickup time. If your riad is inside the Medina, you will be asked to make your way to the nearest place accessible to vehicles, which may involve a short walk.
Dates: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Return point: Returns to original departure point or Djemaa El Fna
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
What To Expect
Start the first day with a pickup from your Marrakech accommodation, continuing into the Atlas Mountains as you pass Berber villages and cross the Tizi-n-Tichka pass. You’ll also visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Aït Benhaddou kashbah, a historic meeting place and trading site, and check out the desert oasis at Skoura before spending the night in Bourmaine du Dadès.
On day two travel the “Road of 1,000 Kashbahs” to the Todra Gorge, stopping at the holy city of Rissani in the afternoon. Then climb aboard a camel for an unforgettable ride in the late afternoon sun toward Erg Chebbi and your evening camping accommodations in the desert. Spend the evening enjoying dinner and serenades of traditional music from local nomads under the stars. On day three you’ll ride your camel back to Mezrouga, heading back through the High Atlas Mountains to your Marrakech accommodations to finish the trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child under 6 years old
- Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- It can be cold at night and in the winter so please bring appropriate clothing.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ando Travel SARL
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms