4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Set out from Marseille on a half-day visit to Les Baux de Provence, a stunning medieval village situated upon a rocky plateau in the Alpilles mountains. Stroll among the village's old stone house and along its cobbled, narrow streets, visiting sights like the 17th-century Chapel of the White Penitents and Château des Baux, a fortified castle that offers breathtaking valley views. Afterward, visit one of the surrounding Baux Valley's olive grows and sample some of the region's renowned 'liquid gold.”
- Private tour of Les Baux de Provence from Marseille
- Explore the picturesque Provençal village with your guide
- Visit Church of St Vincent and Chapel of the White Penitents
- Admire panoramic views from Château des Baux
- Taste Provençal olive oils at a local olive estate
Saved to wishlist!
Olive oil tasting
Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees to the castle
Food and drink, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Les Baux de Provence?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Les Baux de Provence?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Les Baux de Provence?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Les Baux de Provence?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I would recommend that a full day be chosen to give more time in this superb region." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Les Baux de Provence
4 hours 30 minutes
11 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 25 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMarseilleBus Tours - ProvenceHalf-day Tours - ProvenceBus Tours - MarignaneHalf-day Tours - MarignaneBus Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceHalf-day Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceCategory
Marseille Contemporary Art Museum (MAC)Museum of Mediterranean Archaeology (Musée d’Archéologie Méditerranéenne)Marseille History Museum (Musee d'Histoire)Frioul Islands (Îles du Frioul)Marseille Cathedral (Cathédrale La Major) Maritime and Commercial Museum of Marseille (Musée de la Marine et de l'Economie de Marseille)La CornicheMarseille Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts)Abbey of St. Victor (Abbaye Saint-Victor)Palais LongchampCentre de la Vieille CharitePlace aux HuilesFort Saint-JeanCap CanailleCantini Museum (Musée Cantini)Fontaine CastellaneMuseum of African, Oceanic and American-Indian Art (MAAOA)Calanque d’En-VauMuseum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations (Le Mucem)Vallon des Auffes