- Full-day tour of Aix-en-Provence, Cassis, and Marseille with an expert local guide
- Walk along the Cours Mirabeau in Aix and marvel at the street’s opulent 17th-century mansions
- Explore Aix Old Town and visit the Cézanne Studio if you wish
- Discover the Cassis calanques on a boat tour
- See the highlights of Marseille like Notre-Dame de la Garde and the Abbey of St Victor
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your first stop is Cours Mirabeau, Aix’s main central boulevard dotted with rich architectural gems. Snap memorable photos of 17th- and 18th-century mansions, artistic fountains, and tree-lined walkways as you make your way to Vieil Aix (Old Town). Explore the area’s warren of colorful streets, charming boutiques, and squares. Afterwards, enjoy some free time to get your own lunch and perhaps visit the Atelier Paul Cézanne (own expense), the studio where the famous Post-Impressionist painter (and Aix-native) created pieces like Les Grandes Baigneuses.
Next, you’ll head to Cassis, a delightful Provençal fishing village and historic Roman maritime port. On the way, stop at Cape Canaille, situated on one of France’s highest sea bluffs, where can admire magnificent views of the Mediterranean and the Gulf of Cassis. Then head into town to wander around the lovely harbor and take an optional sightseeing cruise of the region’s three famous calanques, striking limestone rock formations that are called the ‘fjords of the French Riviera.’
An exciting sightseeing trip through Marseille marks the final leg of your tour. Enjoy the ride up to Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Neo-Byzantine Catholic basilica situated on city’s highest point. From here, marvel at the beauty of Marseille, the Mediterranean coastline and Chateau d’If, the island fortress featured in The Count of Monte Cristo. Stop by the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor before returning to Old Port, where your tour ends in early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when traveling with 2 paying adults
- In the event of poor weather, your boat ride may be cancelled and access to Cape Canaille may be restricted
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Provence Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis.
- "Again, a very enjoyable way to spend the day and a very interesting tour." See review