9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Named the European Capital of Culture for 2019, the city of Matera is like no other. Famed for its sassi (ancient cave dwellings) and rock-carved churches, the city is rich in history and unique scenery. This full-day tour makes it easier than ever to explore: following pickup from your area accommodation, travel via comfortable vehicle to Matera, where you’ll go on an in-depth walking tour, can enjoy a traditional lunch, have time at your leisure to explore independently, and more.
- Round-trip transportation from your area accommodation is included
- Get up close and personal with Matera’s one-of-a-kind landmarks
- Learn all about the city and its history on an in-depth walking tour
- Enjoy a traditional local lunch, plus coffee break
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Walking tour of Matera
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointCathedral of Saint Mary 'della Bruna' and Saint Eustace, Piazza Duomo, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Green Italy srl
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Tour of Matera?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Tour of Matera?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Tour of Matera?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Tour of Matera?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 33499P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingMateraBus Tours - BariCity Tours - BariFull-day Tours - BariBus Tours - TarantoCity Tours - TarantoFull-day Tours - TarantoBus Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoCity Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoFull-day Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoCategory