2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore the unique cave dwellings of Matera along with other historic parts of the town with this 2-hour guided tour. Join a knowledgeable local guide for a look at the incredible caves – including churches carved right from the rock – that made Matera a UNESCO World Heritage Site and inspired Mel Gibson to use the ancient town as the setting for his 2004 film 'The Passion.' At the end of the tour, enjoy a sampling of local foods.
- 2-hour guided tour of Matera
- Explorethe famous 'sassi,' ancient cave dwellings
- Seean ancient church carved from the rock
- Walk through Matera's charming streets
- Sample local foods
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Domenico Ridola, 61, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Altieri Viaggi
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Guided Tour Sassi di Matera: Sasso Caveoso and Civita?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Guided Tour Sassi di Matera: Sasso Caveoso and Civita?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 14534P6
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursTours & SightseeingMateraCity Tours - BariWalking Tours - BariCity Tours - TarantoWalking Tours - TarantoCity Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoWalking Tours - Alberobello & LocorotondoCategory