- Take a private tour of Medellin's city highlights and most famous citizens
- Discover the Botero sculptures and colonial churches of Medellin's downtown
- Take an aerial cable car ride to Santo Domingo Savio Library
- Explore the life of infamous drug kingpin Pablo Escobar
- See what life was like in colonial Colombia at El Pueblito Paisa
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Arrive at a station in the city’s downtown area and begin an exploration on foot. You’ll stop by a collection of sculptures created by Colombian artist Fernando Botero, and have time to admire the neighborhood’s plazas, colonial churches, and the striking cultural house. Then climb aboard the aerial cable car for a ride into the mountains surrounding town.
Enjoy the views as you ascend above the city below, traveling up to Santo Domingo Savio Library, a modern building donated to the city by the King of Spain. Feel free to take a short walk around the library grounds at your leisure.Leaving the library, head to El Pueblito Paisa in central Medellin. Get a look at what life was like in colonial-era Colombia as you wander around this attraction’s recreated village featuring a church, museum, and a collection of shops selling traditional Colombian handicrafts.
Take a break for lunch (not included) featuring traditional Colombian-style “paisa” cuisine if you wish, and then continue on a mini-tour exploring the life of famous cocaine cartel leader Pablo Escobar. Learn about Escobar’s meteoric rise from humble beginnings to the upper echelons of the drug business to become one of the world’s richest men. You’ll also get insight into key events from period during Escobar’s reign, including his fights with the Cali Cartel and “Los Pepes.”
After your Escobar-themed exporation, you’ll receive a ride back to your Medellin hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Medellin Travels
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms