- Take a look at Leonardo da Vinci's notes and sketches at the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana
- Complimentary admission for wheelchair users, not all galleries are accessible
- See the Codex Atlanticus exhibit and masterpiece collections
- This admission tickets allows for a self-guided tour around the museum
Departure & Return
Departure PointPinacoteca Ambrosiana, Piazza Pio XI 2, 20123 Milan Italy
What To Expect
Proceed inside with your general admission ticket, which gives you access to the Codex Atlanticus exhibit as well as the museum's permanent collection. Get an intimate look inside the inner workings of master artist Leonardo da Vinci's mind through viewing pages from his personal notebook, filled with notes and sketches from the period between 1478 and 1519. The entire notebook is more than 1,000 pages long and resides in the museum's library. The pages on display are rotated regularly.
See paintings from other legendary masters, such as Botticelli’s 'Madonna del Padiglione,' Titian’s 'Adoration of the Magi,' Raphael’s 'Cartoon for the School of Athens,' and Caravaggio’s 'Basket of Fruit.'
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair users have access to the Ambrosiana gallery; only certain exhibition rooms are accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- PLEASE NOTE: Following the latest provisions of the Italian Government, starting from August 6, 2021 it is necessary to have the “green pass” to be admitted in the museum.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask (surgical or FFP2 without valve) throughout the visit.
- At the entrance, visitors are measured body temperature with a termoscanner and they must cleanse their hands with sanitizing gel.
- At the entrance hall and in the exhibition halls, visitors must respect the distance of at least 1.5 meters from other people and follow the safety regulations displayed in the hall.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Veneranda Biblioteca Ambrosiana
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Pinacoteca Ambrosiana and da Vinci's Codex Atlanticus admission in Milan.