Explore our promoted experiences
- Combo eco-tour at Selvatura Park in Monteverde
- Explore the remarkable plant and animal life of Monteverde's cloud forest
- Hike through the treetops on a hanging bridges canopy tour
- Admire technicolored insects on a tour of one of the world's largest butterfly gardens
- Watch more the 100 hummingbirds zip around in a beautiful garden
- Includes lunch at the park restaurant
- A great family activity suitable for all ages
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Back on the forest floor, learn about the lifecycle and behavior of some of the cloud forest’s most beautiful and delicate inhabitants with a guided nature walk through the butterfly garden. Featuring more than 20 species within 29,000 square feet (8,840 square meters), this is among the largest live butterfly exhibits in the world.
Next, see the furiously fast beating of more tiny wings on a tour of the hummingbird garden, home to more than 100 birds representing 14 different species. Watch the amazing aerial maneuvers of these little daredevils as they flit through a beautifully landscaped garden.
Midday during your eco-adventure, take a break to enjoy an included lunch of typical Costa Rican fare at Selvatura Park’s on-site restaurant.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Selvatura Park
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms