- Discover the dark, grim side of Old Montreal on a ghost walking tour
- Follow your guide to Montreal’s haunted places in search of the city’s notorious criminals and villains
- Hear mysterious stories and legends about crimes, witchcraft, hangings and gruesome events
Departure & Return
The meeting point is at Place Royale which is located right across Pointe-à-Callière Museum. Place Royale is a mounted small public square surrounded by stairs. Simply go up the steps where your storyteller will meet you at the time of departure.
Near the Bonsecours Market
What To Expect
Follow your guide, an expert storyteller and a professional actor, through Old Montreal to discover haunted places where Montreal’s dark, gruesome history unfolds.
The itinerary of this themed tour will take you in different streets and alleys of Old Montréal, from Places Royale to Bonsecours Market. As you explore the city streets in search of notorious criminals and villains, you’ll hear fascinating stories about crimes, hangings, fires, witchcraft and mysterious phenomena that stump even ghost experts. Fascinating tales await you!
Along the way, you will discover unexplained phenomena and outdoor locations where disturbing and significant events have taken place. You will hear unsettling stories and legends that unveil the sinister past of Old Montréal. At the end of it all, you will be left wondering if ghosts really do haunt Old Montréal...
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children under 10
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Our Traditional Ghost Walks will depart only when the minimum of four participants will have booked the visit. We will notify you the day of your visit at noon should your visit be canceled. You will then have the option to reschedule your tour at no additional cost or we will issue a full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Old Montreal Ghosts
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Wish it was even scarier than it was, but we had a great time and recommend this tour to anyone who wants o know more about offbeat Montreal!" See review